We’re a month away from Oculus Connect, and we’re ramping up for our fourth annual developers conference. Today, we’re excited to share some updates, including new talks, guest speakers, and more.
Applications to attend OC4 are open through September 11, with Early Bird pricing discounts available until 5:00 pm PT on September 8. Visit oculusconnect.com for more details or to secure your spot.
We just added 12 talks and panels to the OC4 schedule. Here are some of the highlights:
- Amplify Your Audience: Multiplatform Development with React VR WebVR enables massive reach and deeper engagement across mobile, web, and VR, causing content creators to re-think their investments. See how React VR has helped our partners connect with a huge audience in and out of VR with innovative immersive content—and learn how you can transform your existing 360° and 3D content into interactive experiences.
Featuring Marcos Carranza, Oculus Partner Engineer, Mobile; Andrew Mo, Oculus Product Manager; and Amber Roy, Oculus Software Engineer
- Art + Algorithms: Oculus Medium, Immersive Data Sets, and Some Surprising Use Cases for VR Creating 3D content in VR is better than doing it on a 2D monitor. That’s why we made Medium. As the tool continues to evolve, we’ve realized VR is also better for developing 3D data structures and algorithms. Being able to walk freely through a data set and use your hands to manipulate it in VR frees us from the cognitive overhead of translating from 2D back to 3D. This presentation will cover some surprising use cases, including code and design reviews in VR.
Featuring David Farrell, Oculus Software Engineer
- Better with Friends: The First Year in Facebook Spaces We learned a lot about social VR since launching Facebook Spaces six months ago. Here, we’ll discuss some of our strategic decisions around new features, technical challenges, research findings, and our vision of what’s next for social VR.
Featuring Mike Booth, Facebook Product Manager, Social VR
- From Killing Floor to Shattered Ceilings: Leveraging Established IP to Break Into VR Tripwire Interactive discusses the learning curve behind their first VR title, best practices for adapting well-loved franchises, and lessons learned along the way.
Featuring Chris Jurney, Oculus Head of Developer Strategy, Games and John Gibson, Tripwire Interactive President
- Too Close to Draw Call: Pushing Unity to Max Performance on Mobile VR Mobile VR optimization is a tricky process. Making frame rate while operating within strict thermal limitations is a tall order, even for veteran developers. Working in Unity, this talk focuses on achieving maximum performance across a variety of mobile VR devices. Come explore the tricks of the trade, from the mundane to the eccentric to the deeply unorthodox.
Featuring Chris Pruett, Oculus Head of Development Engineering, Mobile
We’ll also host a special fireside chat with Baobab Studios CEO Maureen Fan, where she’ll share insights on the current state of VR and what the future holds.
Click here to check out even more speakers and topics.
Speakers at OC3 share their insights.
We’re looking forward to hosting one of four Regionals for the VR Challenger League. On October 11, we’ll host an eight-team bracket featuring the top four Echo Arena teams. Prior to OC4, we’ll hold an open qualifier tournament to determine the remaining four slots.*
See You in San Jose
We can’t wait to share technical updates and design deep dives with the VR developer community. We’ll share additional details as we get closer to the event. In the meantime, check out our previous update highlighting the Women in VR Film Festival, the mixed reality booth, and more.
Not yet registered to attend OC4? Click here to get started!
-The Oculus Team