Android Manifest Settings
Configure your manifest with the necessary VR settings, as shown in the following manifest segment.
These manifest requirements are intended for development and differ from our submission requirements. Before submitting your application, please be sure to follow the manifest requirements described by our Publishing Guide
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" package="<packagename>"
android:versionCode="1" android:versionName="1.0" android:installLocation=”auto”>
<application android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Black.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" >
<meta-data android:name="com.samsung.android.vr.application.mode" android:value="vr_only"/>
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="21" android:targetSdkVersion="21" />
<uses-feature android:glEsVersion="0x00030000" />
- Replace <packagename> with your actual package name, such as "com.oculus.cinema".
- The Android theme should be set to the solid black theme for comfort during application transitioning: Theme.Black.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen
- The vr_only meta data tag should be added for VR mode detection.
- The required screen orientation is landscape: android:screenOrientation="landscape"
- It is recommended that your configChanges are as follows: android:configChanges="screenSize|orientation|keyboardHidden|keyboard"
- The minSdkVersion and targetSdkVersion are set to the API level supported by the device. For the current set of devices, the API minimum level and target level are 21.
- Do not add the noHistory attribute to your manifest.
Applications submission requirements may require additional adjustments to the manifest. Please refer to Application Manifests for Release Versions in our Publishing Guide.