Oculus Rift Driver Setup
Before you can use the SDK, you must set up the drivers for your operating system.
If your drivers are already set up, you can skip this section. However, you should make sure your system and drivers meet the requirements specified in Recommended Specifications.
Installing the Runtime Package
If you do not have it yet, download the Oculus Runtime Installer from the Oculus website.
The Runtime is available from https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/.
This will install the following components:
- Oculus Display Driver (Windows 7 and 8)
- Oculus Positional Tracking Sensor Driver
- Oculus Service Application
- Oculus System Tray Application and Configuration Utility
- USB driver (OCUSBVID.sys)
This section describe how to install the Windows Runtime Package.
To install the package:
- Download the runtime from https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/.
- In the Windows Control Panel, go to Programs -> Programs and Features and uninstall any existing components.
- Run the install executable found in this package. This will install all the components described above and prompt you to restart your computer.
- If prompted, restart your computer.