Oculus Debug Tool
The Oculus Debug Tool enables you to view performance or debugging information within your game or experience.
To use the tool:
- Make sure that you have admin privilege. This is required in order to run the Oculus Debug Tool.
- Go to Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusDebugTool.exe. Note that the Oculus Debug Tool should always be run directly from this location, in order to ensure a version match with the Oculus distribution. If you copy the Oculus Debug Tool to another location, it might not work after subsequent Oculus updates.
- Double-click OculusDebugTool.exe. The Oculus Debug Tool opens.
- Select the Visible HUD to view. Options include: None (no HUD is displayed), Performance HUD, Stereo Debug HUD, or Layer HUD.
If you selected Performance HUD, select which Performance HUD you want to view. Options include: Latency Timing, Render Timing, Performance Headroom, and Version Information. For more information, see Performance Head-Up Display.
The following is an example of the Performance HUD:
If you selected Stereo Debug HUD, configure the mode, size, position, and color from the Stereo Debug HUD options.
The following is an example of the Stereo Debug HUD:
If you selected Layer HUD. select the layer for which to show information or select the Show All check box.
The following is an example of the Layer HUD:
- Select Launch App from the File menu and select the executable of the application.
- Put on the headset and view the results.