SDK Samples and Gamepad Usage
Some of the Oculus SDK samples use gamepad controllers to enable movement around the virtual world.
This section describes the devices that are currently supported and setup instructions.
Xbox 360 Wired Controller for Windows
To set up the controller:
- Plug the device into a USB port. Windows should recognize the controller and install any necessary drivers automatically.
Logitech F710 Wireless Gamepad
To set up the gamepad for Windows:
- Put the controller into ‘XInput’ mode by moving the switch on the front of the controller to the ‘X’ position.
- Press a button on the controller so that the green LED next to the ‘Mode’ button begins to flash.
- Plug the USB receiver into the PC while the LED is flashing.
- Windows should recognize the controller and install any necessary drivers automatically.