Contents and Other Resources
All Oculus Unity development materials are available for download at our Developer site: https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/
Utilities Package Contents
- A Utilities package containing scripts, assets, sample scenes, et cetera.
- Project Settings assets.
- Oculus Sample Framework for Unity 5 - sample scenes and guidelines for common features; see Unity Sample Framework for more information.
- The Oculus Platform supports several features related to security, community, revenue, and engagement, including matchmaking, in-app purchase, entitlement checking, VoIP, cloudsaves, and more. Our Platform SDK includes a Unity package to assist developers in integrating these features. For more information, see our Platform Developer Guide.
- The Oculus Avatar SDK includes a Unity package to assist developers with implementing first-person hand presence for the Oculus Rift and Touch controllers. It also includes avatar hand and body assets viewable by other users in social applications. The first-person hand models and third-person hand and body models supported by the Avatar SDK automatically pull the avatar configuration choices the user has made in Oculus Home to provide a consistent sense of identity across applications. The SDK includes a Unity package with scripts, prefabs, art assets, and sample scenes. For more information, see our Avatar SDK Developer Guide.
- Oculus Native Spatializer Plugin for Unity (included with Oculus Audio SDK Plugins) - provides easy-to-use high-quality audio spatialization; see Oculus Native Spatializer for Unity for more information.
- Oculus OVRLipSync (a Unity 5 plugin for animating avatar mouths to match speech sounds)
Built-in audio spatialization: The Unity v 5.4.1p1 Editor and later feature a basic version of our Oculus Native Spatializer Plugin for Unity 5 (ONSP). It makes it trivially easy to add basic spatialization (HRTF transforms) to audio point sources in your Unity project. For more information, see First-Party Audio Spatialization (Beta) in our Oculus Native Spatializer for Unity guide, or VR Audio Spatializers in the Unity Manual.