Other Oculus Resources for Unity Developers
This guide describes useful tools Oculus provides for Unity developers.
All materials are available for download from our Developer site.
The Oculus Integration, available from the Unity Asset Store here, provides several unityPackages in a single download, including our Utilities for Unity, Oculus Platform SDK Unity plugin, Oculus Avatar SDK Unity Plugin, and the Oculus Native Spatializer Plugin. The Unity Sample Framework is also available from the Asset Store here.
Utilities Package Contents
- Oculus Sample Framework for Unity - several sample scenes and guidelines for common and important features. See Unity Sample Framework for more information.
- The Oculus Platform supports features related to security, community, revenue, and engagement such as matchmaking, in-app purchase, entitlement checking, VoIP, and cloudsaves. For more information on the Platform Unity plugin, see our Platform Developer Guide.
- The Oculus Avatar SDK includes a Unity package to assist developers with implementing first-person hand presence for the Rift and Touch controllers. It includes avatar hand and body assets viewable by other users in social applications for Rift and mobile. The first-person hand models and third-person hand and body models supported by the Avatar SDK automatically pull the avatar configuration choices the user has made in Oculus Home to provide a consistent sense of identity across applications. The SDK includes a Unity package with scripts, prefabs, art assets, and sample scenes. For more information, see our Avatar SDK Developer Guide.
- Oculus Native Spatializer Plugin (ONSP) for Unity provides easy-to-use high-quality audio spatialization. The ONSP is included with the Audio SDK Plugins. See Oculus Native Spatializer for Unity for more information. The Unity Editor includes a built-in basic version of the ONSP with a subset of features. See Unity Audio for more information.
- Oculus OVRLipSync: is a plugin for animating avatar mouths to match speech sounds (Unity 5.1 or later).
- Oculus OVRVoiceMod: a plugin used to modify audio signals, making a person’s voice sound like a robot, for example, or changing their voice from male to female, or vice-versa (Unity 5 or later).
- The Facebook 360 Capture SDK allows game and virtual reality developers to easily and quickly integrate 360 photo/video capture capability into their applications. It is available for use with Unreal VR applications, and may be downloaded from the Facebook GitHub repository.