The Oculus Unity Sample Framework assists developers in implementing Unity applications by providing sample scenes and guidelines for common VR-specific features such as hand presence, crosshairs, driving, and first-person movement.
This download includes a Unity Package of the Sample Framework. VR applications of the Sample Framework are also available for the Oculus Rift from our Downloads page, and for the Samsung Gear VR from the Gallery section of the Oculus Store.
This version of the Oculus Sample Framework for Unity 5 pulls in the most recent Avatar SDK and Utilities for Unity versions. Importing the Avatar SDK and Utilities for Unity 5 separately is not required. It is compatible with Unity 5.4 and up - please check Compatibility and Version Requirements for up-to-date Unity version recommendations.
For complete instructions on downloading and using the Sample Framework, see Unity Sample Framework in our developer documentation.
- Added Hands category with three new scenes.
- AvatarWithGrab uses the Unity Avatar SDK and the Utilities for Unity scripts OVRGrabber and OVRGrabbable to illustrate hands presence with Touch. Pick up and throw blocks from a table using the Touch grip buttons.
- CustomControllers is a simple sample displaying tracked and animated Touch models in a scene.
- CustomHands uses low-resolution custom hand models and the Utilities for Unity scripts OVRGrabber and OVRGrabbable to illustrate hands presence with Touch. Pick up and throw blocks from a table using the Touch grip buttons. May be used as a reference for implementing your own hand models.
- Added Touch support.
- The Sample Framework now pulls in the Avatar SDK, which is also available separately from our Downloads page.
- The project download now ships as a unitypackage rather than a zipped Unity project.
- In Oculus Rift builds, Oculus Remote support is currently limited to opening and closing the menu system.
- Sample Framework Android builds use a custom manifest and are not visible from Applications, and cannot be launched from Oculus Home or the Android Application Launcher. To launch:
- Install the APK to your phone.
- Open Settings > Applications > Application Manager > Gear VR Service.
- Select Storage.
- Select Manage Storage.
- Toggle Add icon to app list to On.
- Close Settings.
- Open Apps.
- Select Gear VR Service.
- Select Oculus Sample Framework to launch.