This version of the Oculus Sample Framework for Unity 5 pulls in the most recent Avatar SDK and Utilities for Unity versions. Importing the Avatar SDK and Utilities for Unity 5 separately is not required. It is compatible with Unity 5.4 and up - please check Compatibility and Version Requirements for up-to-date Unity version recommendations.
For complete instructions on downloading and using the Sample Framework, see Unity Sample Framework in our developer documentation.
- Added OverlayUIDemo, which demonstrates creating a UI with a VR Compositor Layer to improve image quality and anti-aliasing. Includes a quad overlay for Rift, and a quad and a cylinder overlay for mobile.
- In Oculus Rift builds, Oculus Remote support is currently limited to opening and closing the menu system.
- Sample Framework Android builds use a custom manifest and are not visible from Applications, and cannot be launched from Oculus Home or the Android Application Launcher. To launch:
- Install the APK to your phone.
- Open Settings > Applications > Application Manager > Gear VR Service.
- Select Storage.
- Select Manage Storage.
- Toggle Add icon to app list to On.
- Close Settings.
- Open Apps.
- Select Gear VR Service.
- Select Oculus Sample Framework to launch.