These release notes describe changes to Oculus's Unreal Engine 4.12 and 4.13 available from the Oculus GitHub repository.
- Added VoIP and moderated room finding/joining support, available through the Online Subsystems interface.
- Fixed near clipping plane calculation, which was incorrect when WorldToMetersScale was set to a value other than 100.
- UE4.12 and 4.13 in Oculus GitHub repository: A significant drop in frame rate occurs when UE4 is not in focus in VR preview mode. To avoid this issue, uncheck the Use Less CPU when in Background in Edit > Editor Preferences > General (left sidebar) > Miscellaneous (left sidebar) > Performance.
- Exclusive Mode issues: Multiple initializations of the DXGISwapChain may cause flickering as the screen switches modes and a black screen when rendering to the Rift with a different GPU from the one the game is using to render the eye buffers.
- Stereo Layer Position Type: World Locked is not currently supported for cylinder TimeWarp overlays.