Oculus Audio SDK Plugins 1.1.0
The 1.1 release includes major improvements to the Audio SDK and some big new features, including Ambisonics support, shared reverb, and attenuation controls. It also includes tweaks to the HRTF to flatten frequency response and improve spatialization. The VST and AAX plugins now feature 3D Audio Visualizers allowing users to visualize and manipulate sound parameters within VR.
We have discontinued the Legacy Audio Spatializer for Unity 4. If you still need that plugin, it is still available with Audio SDK v1.0.4 on the Downloads page page – select the Audio category and version 1.0.4 to download.
The Oculus Spatializer for FMOD has been renamed OculusSpatializerFMOD.dll, and the Oculus Spatializer for Wwise has been renamed the OculusSpatializerWwise.dll.
Note : Version 1.0.4 of the Unity ONSP was inadvertently included in this release. Version 1.1.x will be released soon.
- Wwise and FMOD: Added Ambisonics spatialization support using spherical harmonic-based rendering to provide accurate reproduction of Ambisonics. For more information, see the Oculus Ambisonics section of the Supported Features section of our Audio SDK Guide.
- Added shared reverb to FMOD, Wwise, and Unity plugins, moving all reverb processing to a single effect for more efficient processing.
- Added Attenuation Range min/max, providing control over internal attenuation model used for early reflections. This allows better distance simulation, as the authored curve can match the internal curve, meaning reflections fall off naturally.
- AAX and VST: added 3D Audio Visualizer with HMD interface, allowing users to visualize and manipulate sound parameters within VR using Oculus Touch or Xbox controllers. For more information, see 3D Visualizer (AAX) and 3D Visualizer (VST) .
- Added visual representation of Room Model to Unity Native plugin.
- Moved all FMOD global settings to Oculus Spatial Reverb effect.
- Oculus Spatializer for FMOD has been renamed OculusSpatializerFMOD.dll.
- Oculus Spatializer for Wwise has been renamed the OculusSpatializerWwise.dll.
- Renamed several parameters for consistency across plugins.
- Removed OculusFMODSpatializerSettings.h from FMOD Plugin. All values are now available through the Oculus Spatializer.
- Deprecated OvrFMODGlobalSettings.cs from FMOD Plugin.
- Added Bypass Spatializer option to Wwise Plugin.
- Renamed Disable Reflections to Enable Reflections in FMOD, Wwise, and Unity plugins, inverted logic.
- Removed Legacy Audio Spatializer for Unity 4.
- Unity ONSP: Version 1.0.4 of the Unity ONSP was inadvertently included in this release. Version 1.1.x will be released soon.
- FMOD Studio 1.8.xx: Putting the Oculus Ambisonics on the event master track does not provide optimal results. FMOD interprets the 4 channel ambisonics as quadraphonic and automatically up-mixes to 5.1 at the track output. To work around this issue:
- Put the Oculus Ambisonics effect on the audio track so it has 4 channel input, OR
- Set the project to 5.1 speaker mode and manually convert the 4 channel B-Format to 5.1 by leave channels 3 (center) and 4 (LFE) silent to prevent automatic upmix.
- Gear VR developers using Unity 5.3.4 or later, or using Unity 5.4.0b16 and later: Do not set DSP Buffer Size to Best in Audio Manager in the Inspector for now or you will encounter audio distortion. Set it to Good or Default instead.