Oculus Sample Framework for Unity 5 Project 1.9.0
The Oculus Unity Sample Framework assists developers in implementing Unity applications by providing sample scenes and guidelines for common VR-specific features such as crosshairs, driving, and first-person movement.
This download includes a Unity Project of the Sample Framework. VR applications of the Sample Framework are also available for the Oculus Rift from our Downloads page, and for the Samsung Gear VR from the Concepts section of the Oculus Store.
This version of the Oculus Sample Framework for Unity 5 pulls in Utilities for Unity version 1.9. Importing Utilities for Unity 5 separately is not required. It is compatible with Unity 5.3 and up – please check Unity Version Compatibility for up-to-date Unity version recommendations.
For complete instructions on downloading and using the Sample Framework, see Unity Sample Framework in our developer documentation.
- Added two Mono Optimization sample scenes in which near content is rendered stereoscopically and distant content is rendered monoscopically. Depending on the scene, this approach may produce significant rendering performance improvements. For a detailed explanation, see Hybrid Mono Rendering in UE4 and Unity in our Developer Blog.
- In Oculus Rift builds, Oculus Remote support is currently limited to opening and closing the menu system.
- Sample Framework Android builds use a custom manifest and are not visible from Applications, and cannot be launched from Oculus Home or the Android Application Launcher. To launch:
- Install the APK to your phone.
- Open Settings > Applications > Application Manager > Gear VR Service.
- Select Storage.
- Select Manage Storage.
- Toggle Add icon to app list to On.
- Close Settings.
- Open Apps.
- Select Gear VR Service.
- Select Oculus Sample Framework to launch.
- The Gear VR touchpad can only toggle the UI menu in Android builds. Scene navigation must currently be controlled by Bluetooth gamepad.