Oculus Go Development
On 6/23/20 Oculus announced plans to sunset Oculus Go. Information about dates and alternatives can be found in the Oculus Go introduction.
These guidelines help make the Oculus Platform safe and welcoming to our diverse user base. If your application does not adhere to the Content Guidelines or the Conduct in VR Policy (including the content generated by your users and the conduct of your users) we may take action, including suspending your application.
The following are not allowed on our Platform:
- Pornography, including content for the purpose of sexual gratification.
- Excessively violent or exploitative content (including torture, rape, child abuse or exploitation, human trafficking, animal abuse, cannibalism, glorification of gore, and dismemberment).
- Hate speech, harmful stereotypes, or the promotion or incitement of violence against individuals or groups based on protected characteristics. We don’t allow content that attacks people based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, caste, sex, gender, gender identity, and serious disease or disability.
- Bullying, harassment, or threats against individuals.
- Content created by organizations or individuals engaged in terrorist, organized hate, or organized violence activity.
- Content with the intent to glorify, praise, or support real terrorists, organized hate, or organized violence organizations or the leaders or individuals involved in these activities.
- Content that promotes suicide, self harm, or eating disorders.
- Content that spams, defrauds, or misleads for the purpose of harming users.
- Real money gambling or promoting or giving users the ability to redeem or cash out in-game currencies or objects.
- Content that facilitates the real world sale of regulated goods such as illegal or prescription drugs, firearms, explosives, and firearm accessories.
- Content that exploits sensitive current or historical events, including natural disasters, deaths, serious diseases or crises.
- Applications directed to children or users under the age of 13.
Additionally, your app must abide by the laws and regulations of your country and the territories in which it will be published.
When it comes to mature content (for instance, violence, alcohol/drugs, nudity, or adult language), we are likely to accept content that generally falls within the threshold of an R-rating for a movie. Note that even though your application may contain these elements, the use of them in marketing materials on our platform may be limited. These policies are described in more detail in the Store Asset Marketing Materials section.