Oculus Unreal Engine 4 Integration 1.13 Release Notes
These release notes describe changes to Oculus's Unreal Engine 4.14 and 4.15 available from the Oculus GitHub repository.
- 4.15: Added GearVRControllerComponent, which creates a MotionController with a Gear VR Controller mesh as a child. The Gear VR Controller mesh may be found in Plugins/GearVR/Content/.
- Fixed black screen issue caused by lowering pixel density to certain values on Qualcomm devices.
- Fixed a race condition causing the GearVRController plugin to crash while the game was shutting down.
- A significant drop in frame rate occurs when UE4 is not in focus in VR preview mode. To avoid this issue, uncheck the Use Less CPU when in Background in Edit > Editor Preferences > General (left sidebar) > Miscellaneous (left sidebar) > Performance.
- Exclusive Mode issues: Setting the mirror window to full-screen exclusive mode will not work correctly if the monitor and HMD are connected to different GPUs.
- Stereo Layer Depth Ordering: Doesn’t support head-locked layers, only world-locked and tracker-locked.
- Oculus Blueprints not visible in Level Blueprint in Epic launcher and Epic source versions when Gear VR Plugin is enabled. Workaround for source version: open the file GearVR.uplugin and replace "WhitelistPlatforms" : ["Android"] with "WhitelistPlatforms" : [ "Android", "Win64", "Win32" ]. This does not affect source shipped through the Oculus Unreal GitHub repository.