Oculus Unreal Engine 4 Integration 1.17 Release Notes
These release notes describe changes to Oculus's Unreal Engine 4.17 available from the Oculus GitHub repository.
- A significant drop in frame rate occurs when UE4 is not in focus in VR preview mode. To avoid this issue, uncheck the Use Less CPU when in Background in Edit > Editor Preferences > General (left sidebar) > Miscellaneous (left sidebar) > Performance.
- Exclusive Mode issues: Setting the mirror window to full-screen exclusive mode will not work correctly if the monitor and HMD are connected to different GPUs.
- Stereo Layer Depth Ordering: Doesn’t support head-locked layers, only world-locked and tracker-locked.
- Oculus UE4 1.15 and earlier: Oculus Blueprints not visible in Level Blueprint in Epic launcher and Epic source versions when Gear VR Plugin is enabled. Workaround for source version: open the file GearVR.uplugin and replace "WhitelistPlatforms" : ["Android"] with "WhitelistPlatforms" : [ "Android", "Win64", "Win32" ]. This does not affect source shipped through the Oculus Unreal GitHub repository.
- UE4 Issue - UE4 builds fail when using Android SDK tools 25 or newer. Please review the UE Answers page related to this issue for more information.
- Hybrid Monoscopic Rendering: In Unreal version 4.15, this feature is available for mobile only, and may not be used with Multi-view.